Ways to give
Donate today and make an immediate difference in the lives of seniors. You will help seniors become connected and active. We welcome your support for a specific funding need or our general fund.
Choose your payment method:
- Give securely online through Canada Helps.
- Phone us with your VISA or MasterCard number during office hours (8:30am- 4:00pm), Phone: 250-382-3151.
- Visit us at one of our Centres (9:00pm – 3:30pm daily) 1911 Quadra Street or 286 Hampton Road.
Thank you for your kind and generous support. All gifts receive a charitable tax receipt. Charitable Tax Number: #107981037RR0001. Donors names will be acknowledged in an annual report and on the website unless you indicate you would like to remain anonymous.
Please consider an annual gift spread over a twelve month period. Through the secure Canada Helps site an automatic debit can be set up – a small monthly gift can add up to a significant annual amount and you receive the tax benefit.
Give at Work
Does your work place provide matching gifts for your donations or volunteer time? Silver Threads Service will work with you to ensure your support is matched.
A Gift in Honour
Honour that special person on a birthday or holiday by making a donation in their name and we will send them a note to let them know of your gift. Or honour the memory of a loved one for their lifetime of contribution and friendship with a gift to Silver Threads Service.
You may give a tax deductible donation of $20 or more and receive a charitable tax receipt. The person or family of the person you are honouring will receive a note recognizing your gift (but not the dollar amount)
Leave a Legacy
Consider donating a gift of securities to Silver Threads Service. The benefits you will receive are a tax receipt for the fair market value of the donation in the amount of the closing trading price on the day the donation is made and Silver Threads Service receives the security. Your donation is exempt from the capital gains tax that typically applies to the sale of a security.
The list of securities this applies to can include:
- Shares listed on most Canadian and certain foreign stock exchanges
- Prescribed debt obligations
- Shares of the capital stock of a Canadian public mutual fund corporation
- Units of widely held Canadian mutual fund trusts
- Interest in related segregated fund trusts
For information on any of the giving opportunities please contact
Tracy Ryan, Executive Director at 250 382-3151 or email us: